Philippine Stock Exchange

NUFFNANG ADS

Saturday, December 4, 2010

STOCKS OR OUR HOUSE FIRST?

       Before I joined my present company, the construction of our small house for my small family ( I, my wife and our first baby) already started. And until now it is not yet fully furnished as I have to allocate also most of my salary for my wife and baby's needs. Whenever we have enough cash for a certain job inside the house like fixing tiles or cabinets or door for the room, I am using all of my free cash. There were times that I am asking myself, we are having a fully furnished house but what if my contract is done? Do I have an investment? Yes, I have some goats and cows for now but we don't know, livestocks is unpredictable. Today is good but what if the goats or cows got sick and die? Gee, I will be having no investment... Good for you people who are starting to invest at a very young age. Don't waste your time, if you see an opportunity to invest grab it at once!
       My savings in the bank which is not earning very good interest will be wiped out if that happens. So I started to invest in stocks this year after learning about online stock trading. At first, it was not easy to convince my wife and my mother as I usually tell them about my plans. There were doubts specially from my mother which I admit was not able to finish her schooling due to financial aspects. My grandfather was a farmer when he was still alive and sometimes a seaman.... Just kidding, my grandfather was also a fisherman...  Sometimes my mother would ask me, what if they take your money? or is that real? She would often try to convince me to just give her the money and use it for lending. Because of that, I have to explain to them point by point on how I could earn in stocks. Until there was a time that I was able to sell my first stocks at a profit, I gave some balato to them and they were finally convinced that it is not a scam or whatever illegal they were thinking.
       Now, our cabinets in the house need to have glasses and the second toilet has to be cemented. I was thinking of using first the money that I have for buying stocks because there is a bargain in the market as of the moment. My problem is my wife as she was already expecting that the other toilet will be finished on my next salary. I'll just try to convince her that it will be better if we invest first the money. In a way, there is already the first toilet which they were using at the moment. Let's see.... I hope she'll agree with my suggestion!

"He who has a bountiful eye will be blessed..." < romer is ayeckanic, ayeckanic is romer > Ayeckanic™

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow my house na si bro aiko...ako kaya kailan... hay 2011 will be a good year for me. I claim in God's name. I pray Lord extend my territories... bless me and may I be a blessing to others Amen.

Yup ung mga bata pa save and invest wag muna masyado sa new phones, new gadgets,at bawasan kaka-bar at out of town... kung libre why not but kung hindi think twice. Save for your retirement and invest to fight inflation... seek financial literacy.

READ LEARN PRACTICE

RmR said...

yup! but not yet fully furnished. what is important is that nakabukod na kami ni wifey and princess namin. i hope maiwasan na ung reason na tsaka na lang ako mag-invest at mrami pang time tsaka wala pa akong pera ngayon para i-invest...

john316 said...

don't too much in a hurry for furnishings, madali na yan...

Anonymous said...

dapat kasi yong toilet mo nasa loob ng bahay ha ha ha...ilang toilet bro yan.mukhang mega mansion yan...

RmR said...

of course nasa loob ng bahay ang toilet. hahaha! maliit lang na bahay, 2 bedrooms lang sya. how i wish I could have a mansion, pero sa panahon ngayon it's not practical to have a mansion... share mo na lang blessings na natatanggap mo. God bless everyone!

Anonymous said...

if you're wife will get angry 100 degree celsius. Maybe your first choice is your house..lolz

RmR said...

hahaha! grabe naman si wifey kung ganun xa kainit dahil sa pagpili. anyway, nadaan naman sa maayos na usapan kaya naipambili ko muna ung extra cash ng stocks...

Post a Comment

Hello... Thanks for dropping by my BLOG and have a nice day! Comments, reactions, questions and suggestions are very much welcome.